Halibut with Eggplant
Based on the delicious Mexican dish, Berenjena Veracruzana, which is served alongside a fillet of fish.
- 2 medium eggplants, stem ends removed, peeled and diced
- 6 halibut filets, 6 oz each
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 persian lime sliced into six wedges
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1-16 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sliced green olives
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onion and garlic. Add eggplant, bell pepper, tomatoes and cilantro. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring gently. Next, add the halibut and olives. Cover and cook over medium heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and a lime slice. Serve with a side of rice while it is still warm.
This recipe was prepared exclusively for Ciruli Brothers, LLC by Chef Noah Aguilar, Executive Chef of Anza Marketplace in historic Tubac, Arizona, and Sol Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. As a committed promoter of fresh fruits and vegetables, Chef Noah participates in various industry events with the Fresh Produce Association of the Americas. His work has been featured in publications such as Sunset Magazine, The Arizonian, and Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, among others. Chef Noah received his education from the New England Culinary Institute, and continues to enrich his culinary platform with the flavors of many cultures through extensive travel. When not working, Chef Noah enjoys traveling and spending time with close friends and family.