Slow Cooked – Chicken Parmigiana
- 3 chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 sm eggplant, peeled and cut into ½” tick slices
- 1 can marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix beat egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Dip chicken into egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs.
- In large skillet, saute chicken in butter.
- Arrange eggplant on bottom of crock pot, and then plae the chicken on top.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low for approx. 6-8 hours.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese and cover. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.