Cream of Eggplant and mushroom
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups eggplant, peeled & cubed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium pot combine oil, onion, celery, mushroom and eggplant. Cook over medium heat until onion and celery are tender and soft.
- Add oregano and chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- When broth boils, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook covered until vegetables are tender.
- Let cool slightly, then puree in blender with cream, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer creamy mix back to pot. Serve hot.