Creamy and Spicy Eggplant Stew
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tsp chicken boullion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup cream (heavy cream or sour cream)
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 med eggplant, peeled and cut in ½” cubes
- 1 med potato, peeled and cut in ½“ cubes
- 1 sm onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- In a medium pot, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving the fat. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook carrot, onion and garlic in bacon fat until tender but not brown. Add eggplant, broth, red pepper and chicken boullion. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- Mash vegetables slightly with the spoon. Stir in milk or cream, simmer for 6-10 minutes, mixing well. Serve hot, garnish with bacon bits. Serves 4.