- 2 lg onions, diced
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream (or milk)
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 2 lg potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 med eggplant, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbs chicken boullion
- 8 cups chicken stock
- In a pot, saute onions, garlic and celery in butter. Add the eggplant and potatoes and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add curry, thyme, basil, chicken boullion and 3 cups of the chicken stock. Reduce heat and simmer for about 40 mins.
- Allow mix to cool slightly and puree in a blender. Transfe to a pot, and add rest of the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes, gradually adding the cream (or milk), mixing well.
- Serve hot with your favorite bread, top with parmesan cheese for garnish.