Eggplant Frittata with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 medium Japanese or Chinese eggplant, stem ends removed and cut in small cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons finely diced sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated asiago cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sautee eggplant for five minutes, until soft and browned, then drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Mix the eggs, asiago cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, eggplant, red and black peppers and salt in a bowl.
- Preheat broiler oven.
- Heat remaining oil in medium, ovenproof skillet over medium heat (or if you prefer, an oven-proof, non-stick pan). Reduce heat to low and pour in egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the bottom of the pan sets. Cook egg mixture until the sides are cooked and the center is still raw. Transfer to oven, broil for 1-2 minutes, until it finishes cooking. Check by poking the center with a toothpick to see that it is dry when it is removed.
- Cool frittata for a few minutes in the pan, then cut in slices and serve.
This recipe was prepared exclusively for Ciruli Brothers, LLC by Chef Noah Aguilar, Executive Chef of Anza Marketplace in historic Tubac, Arizona, and Sol Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. As a committed promoter of fresh fruits and vegetables, Chef Noah participates in various industry events with the Fresh Produce Association of the Americas. His work has been featured in publications such as Sunset Magazine, The Arizonian, and Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, among others. Chef Noah received his education from the New England Culinary Institute, and continues to enrich his culinary platform with the flavors of many cultures through extensive travel. When not working, Chef Noah enjoys traveling and spending time with close friends and family.