Noah’s Eggplant and Goat Cheese Roulade
- 1 Japanese eggplant, stem ends removed
- 1 yellow squash, stem ends removed
- 1 zucchini, stem ends removed
- 1 oz of oil to sauté
- 4 oz of goat cheese (separated into one ounce balls)
- 8 ounces balsamic vinegar
- Start by reducing the balsamic vinegar by pouring it into a small pot and placing it on a burner set to low. Let it reduce to 3 ounces, then remove from heat and let cool. The liquid will become thick and sweet.
- While it is cooling, slice all three vegetables into eight even pieces lengthwise (approximately ¼-inch thick). Make sure the vegetables that you select are small and as even in length and width as possible. If not, trim down each vegetable so that they are relatively the same , about six inches by 1-2inches in width.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and gently sauté each vegetable individually until they are soft and pliable. Set aside to cool. Once all the vegetables have been sautéed and cooled, begin to stack them starting with the eggplant then place a layer of zucchini and finally a layer of the yellow squash. Next, place a ball of goat cheese on one end of the vegetables and roll up into a roulade. You can either eat this as is, or if you want the cheese to melt, put the roulades in a 400-degree oven for 5 minutes. Drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar and then serve.
This recipe was prepared exclusively for Ciruli Brothers, LLC by Chef Noah Aguilar, Executive Chef of Anza Marketplace in historic Tubac, Arizona, and Sol Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. As a committed promoter of fresh fruits and vegetables, Chef Noah participates in various industry events with the Fresh Produce Association of the Americas. His work has been featured in publications such as Sunset Magazine, The Arizonian, and Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, among others. Chef Noah received his education from the New England Culinary Institute, and continues to enrich his culinary platform with the flavors of many cultures through extensive travel. When not working, Chef Noah enjoys traveling and spending time with close friends and family.