French Bread Pizza
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small can spaguetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups eggplant, peeled and cut in ½” cubes
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 med green bell pepper, diced
- 1 med tomato, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil and Italian seasoning over medium heat. Add eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, tomato, onion and garlic. Saute until tender then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place bread slices on an oven safe pan or cookie sheet. Using a spoon, cover cut sides of bread with spaguetti sauce, the sprinkle with a bit of chees. Spoon sauteed vegetables over cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the bread’s edges start to brown. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and slice bread according to your taste. Serves 4-8.