Grilled Eggplant Pizza
- 1 pizza crust (12-14”)
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ med eggplant, peeled and cut into ¼ “ rounds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to med-high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of eggplant with salt and peppper and arrange slices on hot grill.
- Cook for 15-20 mins. until both sides are tender, turning ocassionally.
- When cooked, remove from grill and let stand.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place crust on a slightly oiled, oven-safe pan and spread with pizza sauce, leaving a ½” outline of bare crust.
- Spread grilled eggplant slices on top of sauce and cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake for approx. 12 mins., or until crust is slightly brown and cheese is completely melted.
- Serve warm or hot. Top gith parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper for a bold, spicy flavor.