Grilled Eggplant with Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 med eggplants, peeled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- reheat grill to med-high heat.
- For teriyaki sauce: Mix soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
- Cut eggplants into ½ in slices and place them in a bowl.
- Dust slices with salt and pour teriyaki sauce over eggplant. Let soak for 10 mins.
- Remove eggplant slices from teriyaki sauce, reserving the leftover sauce. Place slices on hot grill, turning occasionally until cooked on both sides, roughly 15 mins.
- Remove from grill and serve warm with leftover marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.