Grilled Veggie Skewers
- 1 sm eggplant, peeled & cut in 1 in cubes
- 8 (8 in) metal skewers
- 2 sm tomatoes, quartered
- 1 med zucchini, cut into 1 in slices
- 1 med yellow squash, cut into 1 in slices
- 4 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 lg minced garlic clove
- Pre-heat grill to med-high heat.
- Arrange vegetables on metal skewers, alternating as desired.
- Brush skewers with oil, using about 2 tablespoons; then dust with pepper and salt.
- When grill is hot, place kabobs on grill rack; cook 10-12 minutes, turning 3 to 4 times until vegetables are browned and tender on all sides.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining 2 tbs of oil, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl and mix well.
- Brush the oil mix over skewers during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Transfer skewers to a platter when cooked. Serve hot or warm.