Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 1 med eggplant peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups water
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms
- 3 cups canned tomatoes, chopped
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- ½ med onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- In a large saucepan, brown garlic and onion in oil. Add eggplant, peppers and mushrooms. Saute for five minutes, mixing well.
- Gradually add the remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about 45 minuntes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and tender.
- If sauce becomes dry and starts to stick, add more water. Makes about 2 quarts of sauce.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and top with parmesan cheese.