Chef’s Minnestrone Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup small seashell pasta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 med eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 med. zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 med tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups beef or chicken stock
- In a large pot, break apart and saute the meat, onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add eggplant and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients except the pasta and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta and cook for approx. 12 mins. until pasta is done, mixing well. Adust flavor by adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese.