Quick Eggplant Lasagna
- 1 lg eggplant, peeled and cut lengthwise into ¼ inch slices
- 1 lg can marinara sauce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- ¼ med white or yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine marinara sauce, tomato, onion, salt and oregano.
- Lightly oil a microwave-safe baking dish and spread ¼ cup of the marinara mix on the bottom, ensure the bottom of the dish is well coated.
- Arrange eggplant slices on top of sauce and spoon some more of the marinara mix over each slice.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce and repeat by adding another layer of eggplant, then another of marinara sauce, and top with cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cook in microwave for 10-14 mins. on high heat.
- Serve hot.