Warm Eggplant Salad
- 1 peeled eggplant, (stem-ends removed, and cut into small cubes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons raspberry red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans
- 4 cups of spring mix (or your favorite lettuce, chopped)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the eggplant and onion and cook, stirring often, for two minutes. Add juice and vinegar, and continue to cook the mix until the eggplant is pliable. Next, add the garlic, cranberries and nuts, and cook for two more minutes, mixing well. Season mix with salt and pepper, to your taste. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Next, evenly divide the spring mix on four plates. Scoop some of the eggplant mix on top and serve warm.
This recipe was prepared exclusively for Ciruli Brothers, LLC by Chef Noah Aguilar, Executive Chef of Anza Marketplace in historic Tubac, Arizona, and Sol Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. As a committed promoter of fresh fruits and vegetables, Chef Noah participates in various industry events with the Fresh Produce Association of the Americas. His work has been featured in publications such as Sunset Magazine, The Arizonian, and Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, among others. Chef Noah received his education from the New England Culinary Institute, and continues to enrich his culinary platform with the flavors of many cultures through extensive travel. When not working, Chef Noah enjoys traveling and spending time with close friends and family.